Faculty Recruitment at School of Urban Planning & Design of Peking University
School of Urban Planning & Design (SUPD) description
SUPD was established in 2009 in Shenzhen Graduate School of Peking University. Upholding PKU's traditional emphasis on its educational standards of diligence, precision, factualism, and innovation, under the principles of “New Frontiers, Interdisciplinary Studies, Applied Research and International Standards", SUPD aims at training top compound talents with international vision, frontier theory, and China's experiences in urban and rural planning and territory resource management.
Taking the opportunity of the national initiative to build a world-class urban agglomeration in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA),
SUPD is committed to answering critical scientific research questions on sustainable development of coastal cities and regions, and contributing to policy-making on the implementation of the national initiative of GBA and the National New Urbanization Plan, thereby implementing a pilot reform in Shenzhen to build the city into a demonstration area of socialism with Chinese characteristics. It has an interdisciplinary research team in which scholars have a wide range of educational backgrounds, including geography, urban and regional planning, ecology, management science, computer and information sciences, etc. SUPD focuses on three main research areas, which are coastal city planning, governance and policy practices, smart city and transport, and ecology and environment protection and resources use. SUPD targets to be one of the world’s leading research institutions in the field of coastal city and coastal region research. It plays an important and special role in promoting the country’s construction plan of world-class universities and first-class disciplines at Peking University.
RESEARCH FIELDS OF THE POSITIONS
1. Coastal city (urban agglomeration) and region development
2. Coastal land use, ecology, environment and resources
3. Coastal city and region planning, urban design and space governance
4. Geospatial AI and smart city, urban computing and modelling, urban informatics
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITY
1. Assistant professor
1) Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in relative disciplines; have experience in participating or leading research projects; have good records in research publications; have a good potential in academic career.
2) Applicants should have ability to teach graduate level courses and supervise graduate students.
3) Applicants should have good personal ethics and professional ethics with a passion in teaching and research.
2. Associate professor
1) Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in relative disciplines; have good experience in leading research projects; have outstanding research outputs which gain wide recognition by research peers.
1) Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in relative disciplines; have excellent experiences in leading research projects; have outstanding research publications; have received popular recognition in their research field by both domestic or international research peers.
SALARY AND WELFARE
SUPD will provide successful applications a competitive salary and benefits package with additional startup research fund. More information of salary and welfare is available upon inquiry.
To apply, please submit your application package to email@example.com:
1) Summary of research
2) Detailed resume
3) Three reference letters (sent separately by letter writers)
4) Statement of the research plan
5) Copy of academic qualification, degree certificate and representative thesis
6) Evidence of the project undertaken
7) Other materials that can prove research capabilities
To learn more about the School of Urban Planning and Design, please visit the official website: http://urban.pkusz.edu.cn/
Copyright © 2021 Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School. All rights reserved. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org