The application for the 2022-2023 academic year opens in October 2021. The application deadline is March 31, 2022. Please click here for instructions on how to apply or to start your online application.
1. Must hold a bachelor's degree from a recognized university;
2. Must be a non-Chinese citizen with a valid passport;
3. Must have proof of English proficiency with a satisfactory TOEFL (80 and above) or IELTS (6.5 and above), unless you are a native speaker.
GMAT and GRE scores are not required, but are considered in granting admission.
4. (MBA only) Must have at least one year of work experience.
1. Completed Peking University Application Form for International Students with a recent photograph;
2. Official or notarized diploma certificate in English (graduating students shall present letter of certification for graduation);
3. Official transcripts in English from all the universities the applicant attended;
4. Statement of Purpose in English (no longer than two pages, double-spaced);
5. Confidential Recommendation Forms from two referees.
6. Certified score reports of TOEFL or IELTS;
7. Copy of passport, or identification card;
8. Optional: Copy of GRE and/or GMAT scores (copy must include test account number)
9. Optional: books, publications, articles, etc. in English related to your academic and professional accomplishments.
The application for the 2022-2023 academic year opens in October 2021.
The application deadline is March 31, 2022. Please click here for instructions and to start your online application.
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, and have attained a bachelor’s degree.
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of English proficiency—TOFEL or IELTS scores.
Law background or training: Law degree (J.D., J.M., or LL.B.), or licensed to practice law in their home, or masters-level degree in a related area with significant law background.
Official undergraduate diploma from a recognized university before enrollment in August. (Upon application, you can substitute a letter on school letterhead stating that you are a student in good standing and expected to receive a diploma before the August enrollment date.)
Peking University School of Transnational Law Application Form.
Personal statement: A personal statement explaining the applicant’s reasons for pursuing an LL.M. degree and how the degree will help advance their plans and goals. (700 to 1000 words)
Official transcripts: Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions.
Official diplomas: Submit official diplomas (authenticated copies of documents with authenticated English translations if documents are not in English). (Upon application, you can substitute a letter on school letterhead stating that you are a student in good standing and expected to receive an official diploma before the August enrollment date.) The original of the highest diploma received must be presented in person upon enrollment.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
Letters of Recommendation: At least two signed letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or others familiar with your academic and professional qualifications. (original). If sealed, please send the letters with your hard copies of the original documentation or separately, but clearly labeled. Sent to STL.
Proof of English Competency: One photocopy of results of TOEFL or IELTS examination (unless you are a native English speaker or you have a degree from a postsecondary institution entirely conducted in the English language).
Copy of valid passport, or identification card, preferably with three or more years to expiration at the time of application.
If you are a non-Chinese citizen who is fluent in Mandarin and interested in attending one of the other schools at PKUSZ, please contact the International Affairs Office.